The Chairman of Oyo State Roads Transport Management Authority OYRTMA, Mogaji Akin Fagbemi has expressed gratitude to governor Seyi Makinde for the opportunity accorded him to serve as Executive Chairman of OYRTMA.
Fagbemi in an open letter to Makinde reiterated his commitment to work assiduously to ensure that the 2019-2023 road map to accelerated development as outlined by the governor is achieved.
Read full details of the letter below
Governor Seyi Makinde,
May I, on behalf of my family sincerely thank you for the great privilege accorded me to serve our dear State in the capacity of Executive Chairman, Oyo State Road Transport Management Authority (OYRTMA).
- While it interests me to remind Your Excellency that the 27th of August 2020 makes it exactly one year since you graciously approved my appointment and entrusted me with the management of the road transportation sector of the State, I must express on behalf of the Agency, my profound gratitude for your tremendous support within the last 365 days which enabled the Agency record several milestone achievements in tandem with the four cardinal objective of Your Excellency’s administration cum improved Security Architecture, Better Economy, Improved Education System and Enhanced Health Sector.
- In our first year in office, the Authority has expanded its operations and coverage to the Thirty-three (33) Local Government Areas of the State by creating Thirty (30) new Zonal Commands in addition to the existing Three (3) before the present administration and increased on a temporary basis, manpower, through the engagement of well-spirited and trained individuals who volunteered as OYRTMA Mayors.
- In-line with the core mandate of the Authority and to further consolidate the State Governments drive towards achieving the 2019-2023 Roadmap to Accelerated Development as designed by Your Excellency, the Agency began special operations to include the Operations One-Passenger, No Hold-Up, Stop, Search & Test, Fast-Track Emergency Rescue Operation amongst others with the aim of ensuring free flow of human and vehicular traffic across the State. These has not only led to 85% reduction in the accident index recorded in the State and eased traffic flow along the most congestion prone areas of Iwo-Road, Mokola, Ogbomoso Roundabout, Oyo, Challenge and several other spots but also helped in the recovery of many stolen vehicles.
- Your Excellency, with your perpetual support and approval, the Operational Headquarters of the Authority, Sanyo, Ibadan has become truly operational even though there is still some work to be done.
- Despite the achievements of the Authority in the last one year, some of the identified challenges militating against the full actualization of its core mandate are shortage of manpower, insufficient human capital development through training and retraining of officers and inadequate operational trucks and vans.
- It is our hope that Your Excellency would graciously assist the Authority in surmounting some of these challenges in the next fiscal year through Your exalted office to further enhance our service delivery process to the Good people of Oyo State.
- Your Excellency Sir, on behalf of my family, Staff and Officers of the Authority, kindly accept my sincere appreciations and assurances of our best wishes as you continue the good works you are doing for the great people of Oyo State.
Mogaji Akin Fagbemi