Oyo APC Crisis: Ajimobi Legacy Forum And Unity Forum Mend Fences
Peace may be returning to the All Progressive Congress APC in Oyo state as warring factions meet in Ibadan to forge a way forward.
In a peace parley held today at the Premier hotel Ibadan between the faction loyal to the late former governor of Oyo Senator Isiaka Ajimobi and the Unity Forum both groups resolved to bury their differences and work together, this resolution was contained in a communique released after the meeting.
Read full text of the communique below.
COMMUNIQUE OF MEETING OF AJIMOBI LEGACY FORUM AND UNITY FORUM OF ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS, APC, OYO STATE, HELD ON THE 5TH MAY, 2021 AT THE PREMIER HOTEL, IBADAN, OYO.
The leaders of Ajimobi Legacy Forum and Unity Forum drawn from all the 33 local government areas of Oyo state, realising the need for peace, unity and progress of the party in the state, met this day, May 5th, 2021, and resolved as follows:
1. To bury their differences and henceforth work as one within the party (APC).
2. That all members of the party should henceforth collapse their meetings into one at all levels.
3. To henceforth work together for the Peace, Unity and Progress of the Party.
4. Commended the efforts of Her Excellency, Dr. (Chief) Mrs Florence Ajimobi and leaders of the Unity Forum and Ajimobi Legacy Forum to the settlement of the differences between the two groups.
5. Commended the leadership of Chief Akin Oke, the Caretaker Chairman of the party in Oyo State and pledged their support for the State Caretaker Committee.
6. Resolves to sustain the enduring legacies of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Chief Bola Ige, Alhaji Lam Adeshina and Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
7. Affirm their continued loyalty and support for President Muhammadu Buhari and his government. They also urged all Nigerians to pray for the country in these trying times.
8. Pledged to work assiduously for the victory of the party at all elections in the 2023 general elections.
Chief Kunle Sanda Chairman
Alh Abu Gbadamosi Co-Chairman
Prof Adeolu Akande
Hon Gbenga Ariba